If your website is not mobile ready, what are you waiting for?
Following are some stats that are pretty compelling.
Note: My source, Jeff Bullas, is a great resource for stats. If you don’t follow him, you should. In his Social Media Info Graphics Show A Rise, Jeff gives some facts and figures that you should pay attention to.
- Smartphone sales were up over 63% in 2011 from 2010 (488.5 million)
- 5.9 billion people now use mobile phones globally
- Over 300,000 apps have been developed in the past 3 years and downloaded more than 10.9 Billion times
- 77% use mobile phones for search
- Social networking accounted for 50% of all page views on mobile phones in 2011
- Facebook mobile users quadrupled in 2 years from 50 million to 200 million
- There are 200 million mobile video playbacks from YouTube every day
- There are 1.2 billion internet connected smartphones
Think of your own behaviors and how you do research. Your potential customer is seeking answers to questions and quite often, they’re doing it from their mobile device. Consider this: Out of 7 billion people worldwide, there are 5.9 billion who use mobile phones.
Are you comfortable turning away 5.9 billion people?
Texting while biking photo, courtesy of Bikeweek.ie