I have 3 boys under 4, so needless to say, I reuse A LOT of stuff. Why not? Why would you ever waste something that can work perfectly again? Unless of course, it’s a poopy onesie. I’m not that hard up. Another thing I like to do is repurpose old furniture, my husband might not agree but that’s beside the point. You can take something that has gotten old and boring over time and make it beautiful. Unless it’s your Grandma’s floral print couch. Time to let it go.
There is no difference when it comes to your old blogs. They are just sitting on your website gathering dust and cobwebs, becoming old, boring news that just needs a little love. It’s one thing to use it as evergreen content, but when it’s so outdated and irrelevant, it doesn’t serve much of a purpose.
It’s Time for a Facelift
So what can you do to refresh your blog? What can you do to bring out it’s shine again? Here are some tips that can get you started:
- Take a look at your old blogs - See which ones you could repurpose.
- Change the title - Don’t forget your keyword.
- Change some of the body - Don’t copy and paste.
- Add a new image
- Add a new Call-to-Action - Make sure that is updated as well.
- Check your links - Make sure your links are working and that those links are to blogs that are still relevant. You can link back to the old blog if there is content that isn’t used in the new one.
- Optimize - Make sure it’s all Search Engine Optimized.
I’m not saying to delete your old blogs. We understand those were a lot of work and you had to start somewhere! It’s actually pretty amazing to look back where you started and see all of the improvement you have made over time. At the same time, you want to freshen up your blogs so people have something new and pretty to read. Not to mention, it will generate even more search traffic and conversions than it already has in the past.
It might take some time to repurpose them all, but it will also provide you with more content for blogging, helping you remain an educational resource in your industry.