HIDA Executive 2013 was filled with topic-driven discussions that brought some incredible minds together to brainstorm, strategize, and explore solutions.
The session, Restructuring for an Integrated Consolidated Market: Healthcare Moving Forward, didn’t disappoint. Kevin McNamara of TIDI Products, Steve Blazejewski of Covidien, and Dave Myers of Seneca were on the panel, and Elizabeth Hilla of HIDA moderated.
Following are several necessary actions items the panelists addressed:
- Greater Transparency in relation to costs and costs to serve are being sought after. If you’re not the organization educating, someone else will. What are the customers requesting?
- What does it take to manufacture x product?
- What are the requirements to serve?
- High Level Selling keeps being brought up, what does that mean?
- The role of the sales rep is dramatically changing.
- Being a resource, educate, consultative selling will be vital.
- Provider Focus will be centered around cost reduction.
- Visibility and transparency
- The development of transactional cost reduction
The industry is feeling the need to evolve into more consultative and more resource driven, in order to remain key players. This is a good thing!
- You have providers seeking information to support their need to cut costs.
- The manufacturers and distributors will thrive as resource machines for the industry. Earn their trust in a variety of ways.
- Develop an Inbound Strategy to deliver resources, and capture leads
- Your traditional Outbound marketing efforts, print ads, on air etc, will be more effective when you’re integrating how to deliver viable resources when they connect with you
- Coordinate your marketing and sales (Smarketing) for growth.
- Implement the sharing of relevant information that will position you as the expert.
- Do your part in developing qualified TOFU, MOFU, and BOFU leads for your team
- If you’re providing the resources, your team will be selling at a higher level.
Forward-thinking and strategy will set you apart, keep your business relevant, and continue your growth opportunities in a changing environment.
What do you see as your biggest challenge with providing value enough to reach those top level decision makers?
image via buddawiggi.