LinkedIn is the leading social media hub for businesses and professionals looking to connect. Currently, the platform has over 575 million registered members, 303 million active monthly users, and 92% of all Fortune 500 companies registered.
But here’s the real kicker: LinkedIn is responsible for 80% of B2B leads from social media, beating both Facebook and Twitter. There are two main reasons for this high conversion rate:
- People are actively scrolling their feeds in a business mindset, with a heightened ‘intent to buy’.
- LinkedIn Ads are a medical marketer’s dream, providing real-time exposure to the right healthcare professionals with relevant, resonant content.
What’s more? LinkedIn has just enhanced its' targeting tools for even better results.
Reach more people with greater accuracy
LinkedIn has just upped the ante with new tools specifically designed to help marketers reach the right audience. Based on customer surveys and industry recommendations, LinkedIn has implemented Boolean targeting logic to help its ad users target audiences with better precision. It allows for greater flexibility and makes it more likely your ads will be seen by actual decision-makers.
The types of ads at your disposal are:
- Carousel ads: An interactive format that uses multiple images to tell your story and highlight your value.
- Sponsored content: Businesses can promote a post of their choice to specific users’ news feeds.
- Direct sponsored content: Advertisers can tweak, personalize, and improve audience-specific content without cluttering the news feed or business page.
- Text ads: A concise method of delivery featuring a headline, brief text, and an optional image.
- Sponsored inmail: Facilitates the delivery of personalized messages to a LinkedIn member’s inbox.
- Lead gen forms: By clicking on a call-to-action button with an attached lead-gen form, a user’s details are automatically filled in based on their profile information.
LinkedIn has also updated their demographic reporting feature, giving you more accurate readings of who is clicking on and engaging with your ads.
Professional precision — Boolean logic in practice
Using just one campaign, Boolean logic’s ‘and/or’ targeting empowers your ad delivery with profile metrics like industry, career, seniority, and titles. For example, where campaigns would previously only allow you to target Directors in Medical Procurement roles, you’re now able to reach Directors in any healthcare role, with a single campaign.
LinkedIn has provided a handy how-to video here.
Why PPC advertising trumps traditional advertising media
Pay-per-click (PPC) is an online advertising model that charges a small fee every time a user clicks an ad. It differs from traditional media like print, radio, and television in that users are delivered relevant messages, as opposed to being bombarded with irrelevant content. Medical businesses can take advantage by deploying targeted ads on LinkedIn to the people that are searching for them. According to HubSpot, LinkedIn is the leading platform for B2B marketers, with 65% of respondents acquiring a customer through the channel.
How to get LinkedIn to work for your medical organization
Struggling to differentiate your PPC from your Boolean logic? Not to worry — we can help. KBK Communications has over 50 years of combined experience in digital marketing for the healthcare industry. Our team of accomplished industry experts understand the power of LinkedIn and have the tools to reach the decision-makers you require.
Let’s get LinkedIn’s enhanced ad platform working for you — contact us today.