A Healthcare Digital Strategy: The Always-On, 24/7 Member of Your Medical Sales Team
In healthcare’s increasingly competitive environment, medical manufacturers, distributors, and providers need all the help they can get.
This includes providing support to your sales department, who are only human and can’t be expected to be in contact with their prospects and customers 24/7. This is where a robust digital strategy can act as an extra, always-on team member.
What is a Digital Strategy?
In a nutshell, it improves the customer’s research and buying process to speed up product purchases. A digital strategy is comprised of the following elements, each working together to support your team and drive customers down the sales funnel:
With social media, healthcare professionals have a direct means of showcasing their products and services to the right people. So how can you capitalize on it?
- Value drives sales. Your social media content can provide information and solutions that customers will find useful.
- Marry your copy to appealing, thumb-stopping visuals to delight scrolling prospects.
- Create engaging videos. Video streaming makes up 80% of all internet traffic and 90% of consumers say that video helps them make buying decisions.
- Invest in paid media. By targeting potential clients with relevant content, you can boost conversion rates, increase your search engine ranking, and save on marketing costs.
With email, you’re able to deliver personalized messages that target different segments of your audience database. These statistics illustrate email marketing’s reach and potency:
- When it comes to customer acquisition, email is 40 times more effective than Facebook or Twitter.
- 61% of consumers would welcome promotional emails on a weekly basis from the companies they do business with.
- According to a recent survey, targeted emails could account for half of a company’s marketing profit.
Content Remains King
Effective healthcare collateral puts the consumer first by providing actionable answers to their pain points. Effective forms of content include:
- Blogs and articles: These easily digestible pieces of written content address a specific problem and offer solutions.
- Newsletters: Usually addressed to existing customers, regular company updates have broad appeal if they include industry insights and practical advice.
- White papers and eBooks: Longer written pieces that address multiple issues or aspects of a complex problem in the healthcare industry.
Content is also very flexible. You can offer it for free to create awareness or gate more comprehensive material behind contact forms to generate leads.
A Website is Your Online Home
Recent research indicates that 88% of consumers perform online research before making an online or in-store purchase, cementing the importance of a fully responsive, SEO-friendly website. Not only does search engine optimization drive users to your site organically, it improves the site’s user experience and usability.
Grow Your Healthcare Business With a Unified Digital Strategy
The right digital strategy will ensure you’re there for your customers — when and where they need you. At KBK Communications, we shape the buyer’s journey through targeted marketing that allows new leads to find your healthcare business organically.
Our 8-week educational course on building a data-driven digital strategy for lead generation and growth will help your business reap the rewards of a unified digital strategy. Click here to register.